Chickpeas in soup? Are you serious? How good is that going to be? For a lot of people chickpeas are not good because they do not like their taste and maybe they are not that glamourous :-) But, if you try this simple and easy recipe, you will change your mind :-) Furthermore, you will discover an extraordinary way to add healthy nutriments to your everyday nutrition without losing a good taste :-) It’s very good, even extraordinary thanks to rosemary, good for your body and your stamina What more could you wish for? Ah! Right, I forgot it’s also vegan! Isn’t life beautiful?In two words:
- The day before add chickpeas in a bowl with enough cold water to cover them once they have doubled in size
- The same day, wash and drain the chickpeas
- Peel and chisel onion in quite big pieces
- Heat-up a cast iron casserole or a casserole of similar technology
- Add the onion and stir until it loses its humidity and starts to shine a bit
- Add the chickpeas and stir
- Add the rosemary and stir again
- Add the hot water
- Add salt and pepper
- Put the lid on and cook for 45’ in low heat
- Try it with a little bit of lemon juice or without any if you prefer :-)
- It’s really good and at all ordinary :-)
What’s the story behind this recipe?
Cette soupe est un plat traditionnel grec mais l’ajout du romarin la change des soupes qu’on fait d’habitude en Grèce et cela lui va bien 🙂 Essayez et vous verrez qu’avec si peu d’ingrédients on peut faire quelque chose qui est sain, très bon et très nourrissant !
o-o C'est si bon ! o-o