This is a light cake with dried tomatoes and feta cheese coming from a Weight Watchers recipe that is very good! It’s easy to make and you don’t even need to use an electric hand mixer :-) It’s perfect for the French aperitif or for a light starter and basil gives it a spicy character!
In two words:
- Preheat the oven at 180°C
- In a bowl, stir in the flour and the baking powder with a whisk
- Slice the feta cheese in small cubes
- Slice the dried tomatoes in small cubes
- In the bowl, add the eggs one at a time and stir after each addition
- Add the milk little-by-little and continue to stir
- Once the batter is smooth, add the feta cheese and stir with a rubber spatula
- Add the dried tomatoes and stir
- Add the basil and stir
- Add salt and pepper
- Place the cake into the oven and cook for 35’
- It’s very tasteful and light!
The recipe of the Sun Cake in the book Les préférées. Entrés, plats, desserts, Guyancourt, Weight Watchers, 2007, p. 16
o-o C'est si bon ! o-o