This fried chicken recipe is so simple and so good that I am sure it’s going to be a success, thanks to its simplicity but also thanks to a secret weapon called clarified butter! Because the chicken is cooked in clarified butter and this slowly for 20’ :-) It’s crispy and the taste of butter is simply amazing :-) To be eaten with the horseradish sauce pour encore plus de plaisir !
Also available in different formats :-)
In two words:
- Ask you butcher to separate the drumstick from the rest of the thigh in a way to have 2 pieces of chicken
- Salt and pepper the chicken on all sides
- Take one piece of chicken and pass it over the flour in a way to cover it completely, but remove any exceedance of flour, and keep the skin on
- Next, pass the chicken over the beaten egg yolk and cover it completely
- Finally, pass it over the breadcrumbs and cover it completely
- Do the same this for the other part of the chicken
- Place them in a dish, cover them with plastic wrap, and let them rest in the refrigerator for 30’
- Heat-up the clarified butter
- Cook the chicken in low heat for 20’ by returning it gently on all sides
- To be eaten with the horseradish sauce !
- Simply amazing!
What’s the story behind this recipe?
I must admit that I did not use to eat fried food before this blog, and this fried chicken is one of the rare exceptions, that I included in my nutrition only recently due to this recipe! But at the end, when we eat just one part of the thigh, the quantity of butter is not enormous, and so we can permit ourselves to taste this wonderful chicken from time to time :-)
It’s up to you!
An old recipe coming from a book of international cuisine in English!
o-o C'est si bon ! o-o